Brand Consultant & Coach, Published Business Writer, Brand Author & Speaker, Harpist, Composer, Mom & Wife, Spiritual Student, Educator ... and that's just on Monday. A blog about brand leadership, innovation and anything else I want to write about.

Monday, August 27, 2007

The Evolution of a Metapreneur


I've always felt like a bit of a nut case when people ask what I do - never quite knowing what I should reveal or even not reveal about the vast areas of interest that take up the majority of my waking hours.

Really nothing that I do can be easily understood in one phrase.

I'm not a doctor, a lawyer nor a school teacher. I'm a brand consultant...and I've named some famous companies...and I'm a published writer and author in branding...and I speak in front of people like Stanford University MBA students and luxury brand execs... and I play a very big harp as more than just a hobby... and I'm influenced by classical, jazz, world, rock, r&b and pop music....and I compose and create a new moving form of music each time...and I've played with symphonies and even at the Whisky A Go-Go...and I teach little kids at my son's montessori school strings and music theory...and I'm a mom to an 8 year old and an 8 month old...and I study indigenous shamanic teachings as well as European Christian mysticism....and I'm fascinated with the world and how I can contribute to help people improve their lives...and I'm a student of all the above...and I'm an educator of all the above...And, and, and...

And you know...I'm not the only one. I know there are others of you out there who are very gifted in very disparate ways.

And so one day it came to me when contemplating the "metaverse" -- thank you Neal Stephenson -- of course, that's what I am...a metapreneur. And a modern one at that. One part left brain balanced by the right and a healthy dose of eccentric taste.

At the very least, I finally have a label that isn't associated with the mental health industry.
blog comments powered by Disqus